Sticky Mitts teaches bread making too
Classes in my home
As you will be baking in your own oven I feel that it is important to learn how to get the best out of a domestic oven. Dedicated bread ovens used in commercial bakeries are great but I see little virtue in learning how to use one. Classes are held in my home kitchen in Wallington and are limited to a maximum of 6 people to ensure plenty of individual attention. They are informal and totally hands-on. A simple but elegant lunch is provided and you will take home a variety of loaves and comprehensive notes. My home is a ten-minute walk from Wallington British Rail which has a direct line to London Victoria (about thirty-five minutes). There is also plenty of parking on site.
- Basic Bread Class. Have you always wanted to learn how to bake bread? Are you baking already but your loaves are like bricks? Then this is the course for you. We start at 11 am and finish around 3 pm.
- Sourdough Baking. This is not as difficult as you might think. It was the way all bread was made until about 200 years ago when we learned how to isolate a particular strain of yeast and turn it into something you can hold in your hand. Wild yeasts are less vigorous so the process is longer. We will start at 11 am and finish around 4 pm depending on how the dough performs on the day.
- Seasonal Baking. From time to time we run special classes for Christmas, Easter and Summer.
- Bespoke classes. We run tailor-made classes for schools and team-building workshops. We Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Bespoke classes for individuals or couples. If you would like a one to one 5 hour workshop to address any particular aspects of bread making then please make contact to discuss content. £150 per person or £250 for two people.