RASPBERRY & ALMOND TRAYBAKE
75g ground almonds Baking tray 20 x 16 x 3 cms deep
10g flaked almonds Baking paper to line
95g caster sugar (60g + 15g)
1 teaspoon baking powder
100ml sunflower oil
Zest of 1 satsuma or ½ orange
100g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 210C/Fan 190C/Gas Mark 6
2. Grease the Baking Tray with a little butter and line with Paper
3. Put the ground almonds, flaked almonds, 60g caster sugar, baking powder and breadcrumbs into a Large Mixing Bowl.
4. Crack the eggs into a Measuring Beaker/Jug and loosen with a Fork. Add to the mixing bowl and beat everything together with a Wooden Spoon. Beat in the oil and the orange zest.
5. Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and level off the surface.
6. Put the raspberries in a Sieve and rinse in cold water. Dry in a clean Tea-towel. Scatter over the cake mixture and then sprinkle over the remaining 15g sugar.
7. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and firm to the touch in the middle.
8. Serve as cake or as a pudding with crème fraiche or ice cream