There are lots of different recipes for chocolate fondant puddings. Most specify dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids but this can make the puddings too bitter for young people. Our recipe is a Pampered Chef one and uses Bourneville chocolate. The puddings can be made in little ramekins or dariole moulds but the Floral Cupcake Pan makes turning them out really easy. The trick to this pudding is not to overcook. The outside edges should be firm but the filling which will ooze out of cracks on the top should still be wet.
175g dark chocolate
110g unsalted butter
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
150g icing sugar
110g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 200C 180C (FAN) Gas 6
2. Spray the wells of the Cupcake Pan with spritzer. Wipe off excess from surface of pan.
3. Coarsely chop chocolate with Chef’s Knife. Combine chocolate and butter in Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Crack 3 whole eggs into a bowl. Separate the other 3 eggs using the Egg Separator. Add the egg yolks to the bowl. Whisk until the eggs are loose and then whisk into the chocolate mixture.
5. Sift over the icing sugar and flour in 3 batches, just until combined. Don’t overmix.
6. Divide batter evenly among wells using slightly rounded Large Scoop. Bake for 13-14 minutes or until outside edges are set and the centre is still liquid. (The cracks will appear wet, DO NOT OVERBAKE).
7. Remove pan from oven and place inverted Large Round Platter over pan. Carefully invert pan. Gently press on tops and sides of wells to loosen cakes. Slowly lift off pan making sure all the cakes have been released.
8. Serve warm with ice cream.